Effective Date: October 4, 2018
Last Updated: May 4, 2023
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law:
- Contact Information. We collect full name, email address, address, and telephone number.
- Identifiers. We collect signature at time of purchase.
- Financial Information. We may collect financial or bank account information, credit card information, and billing address.
- Commercial Information. We collect records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Audio/Visual Data. We collect audio, electronic, photographic, visual or similar data including videos, photographs, or audio recordings.
- Geolocation Data. We collect geolocation data including the general region or area from which you access our Sites.
Sources Of Personal Information
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you. We collect contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, audio/visual data, and inferences that you provide directly to us. This includes when you use our websites or mobile applications (each a “Site” and collectively “Sites”), contact our customer service team, engage with us on social media, visit one of our retail stores, purchase our puppies, or if you otherwise provide that information directly to us.
- When you visit our locations. When you visit our store, we also collect contact information and audio/visual data.
- When you visit our Sites. When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data, and inferences using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, and financial information from third-parties including our vendors and service providers.
- Social media platforms. Depending on the information you choose to share and your privacy settings, we may collect contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, and geolocation data. Based on the way you have set your privacy settings on your social media accounts, most social media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram, analyze data about how you interact with our Sites and combine it with information on other users to provide us information about you. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users interact with us on social media and information about you is visible to us, for example the fact that you are “friends” or other public-facing profile information.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Purchases. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, and commercial information to allow you to make a purchase, process your payment, provide you with a receipt, and delivery of owed paperwork.
- Transactional. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, and commercial information to: (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you with customer assistance; (v) administer contracts with our vendors and service providers and provide supporting business activities such as financing.
- The Chat Feature Via Instagram or Facebook. We use all information provided to us during a chat session to provide you with customer service. If you use these forms of communication to chat with a customer service representative, we will have access to a transcript of the chat session. This transcript may include contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, audio/visual data, and sensitive information.
- Analytical Purposes. We use identifiers, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, commercial information, sensitive information and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, sensitive information, and inferences to improve our marketing efforts, conduct market research, administer promotions, and to provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of our Sites and Systems. We use identifiers, geolocation data, commercial information, audio/visual data, and internet or electronic usage data to improve our Sites and systems, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites and systems, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and systems.
- Develop and Improve Our Products and Services. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, sensitive information, and inferences to help us develop new products and services and to improve and analyze our existing products and service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, sensitive information, and inferences to: (i) protect us, our employees, and our Sites, premises, assets, systems, products, services and intellectual property, including from fraud, theft, and misconduct; (ii) enforce our policies and terms; (iii) conduct vendor due diligence; and (iv) detect and prevent fraud, theft and misconduct including by verifying the identity of those we are conducting business with.
- Legal: We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, sensitive information, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
- Other Purposes: We may use contact information, identifiers, personal characteristics or traits, financial information, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, geolocation data, sensitive information, and inferences for other reasons we may describe to you.
How We Share Personal Information
- Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents. We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of our Sites, stores, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, cloud hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, operating systems and platforms, and customer support services). In some cases, such as payment processors, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with and among our sister company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns.
- Marketing/Analytics/Advertising Partners. We may share personal information with third party marketing, analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, for commercial purposes such as sending you marketing emails.
- Professional Advisors. We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, tax consultants, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Government Entities. We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients. We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations; or (iii) are soliciting or accepting investments.
- Other Reasons. We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources including publicly available information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Where we process personal information for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long the information is needed to provide our services and operate our business;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that exist that require us to retain the information for period of time;
- whether any law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data is considered to be sensitive data, and
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
Cookies, Analytics, and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and Tracking Technology
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit our website. We receive and store certain types of information when you visit our website. When you access the website, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be web beacons, cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, flash cookies, log files, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. These tracking technologies, which are often referred to collectively as cookies, collect information about your use of the Sites and other websites and applications, including your IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in mobile apps, links clicked and conversion information. We use this information to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests, and better understand your online activity.
We use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Sites, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides a an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites
Third-Party Payment Processors
We use third-party payment processors to assist with processing your payment information. If you pay with a credit card or other form of electronic payment, the payment information that you provide is transmitted directly to the payment processor who will process and store your personal information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution. If we become aware of a breach that affects the security of your personal information, we will provide you with notice as required by applicable law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will provide any such notice that we must provide to you under applicable law at your account’s email address. By using the Services, you agree to accept notice electronically.
Marketing Emails and Newsletters. You may request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the communication methods we provide, phone call, or during your visit. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes at no charge to you. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
Phone Calls and Text Messages. If you do not want to receive marketing phone calls or text messages from us, please inform us that you no longer want to receive calls from us when you receive a call from us or reply STOP to a text message from us. You can also opt-out of telemarketing by contacting our us directly.
Processing in the United States